The Articles – The Wikipedia App iPhone app is a great resource to let you read new Wikipedia Articles and share them with your friends and family. The app is very easy to use and all you do is simply use the search functions to find either the content in the article or its title. Once you find it you can use the maps function to find nearby searches that relate and learn about local places. Or you can shake your phone and get a random search on an article. This is just a great database to let you discover new treasures of knowledge that you didn’t have before. There are some other great functions that allow you to enjoy some offline reading.
- This Articles app offers a very unique presentation style for articles on Wikipedia. They have been altered and optimized so that they are easy to read and navigate on your iPhone
- You can search for articles by entering in either the title of the article or what kind of content it contains
- Once you have found the article that you want you can then pick what language that you would like to have it in
- The user interface is very easy to use and there is even a chapter index that you can mess with in order to briefly skim through the article really quickly
- You can look for articles that were just recently viewed. You can do this for each day as well, almost like a browsing history
- There are article bookmarks that that can help you manage your content and you can organize these into separate pages and folders if you want to
- You can look at your recently viewed articles even when you are not online
- There are the same zoom functions that the iPhone is famous for including the pinch option
- You can lock certain screen orientations by pulling down the article view tab
- If you find an articles that you think someone else would be interested in then you can save it and email it to your contacts
- You can view the app in either landscape or portrait view
- You can also zoom into pictures by tapping on the image previews
- There are a few new features including the “Surprise Me” option
- Use the map function to see nearby places and learn more about them
- If you screw up while you are searching for an item then the app will offer spelling suggestions to help you correct it
Voted 4 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $2.99 to download.
With the huge Swine Flu outbreaks that have been spreading throughout the world do you ever wonder if you might be infected? Obviously if you really think you are then you should go see a doctor, but if you are just curious then you can refer to the Swine Flue Scanner to find out how infected you are! You can also scan your friends, families, and even pets if you so desire! Once you get your diagnosis then you will need to have a course of action to take so that you don’t let it overtake you. Talk to the app’s resident doctor – Dr. Ham Funk. he will give you a small consultation and offer some experimental cures to help you get back on your feet.
If you want to have even more fun with this app then you need to find the secret button that is hidden in the game. The way you access it is by just pressing on a certain part of the bottom of the screen. That way when you are scanning your friends you can decide how infected they each will be. If you don’t pick anything then a random selection will come up on the app. This is a great way to prank your friends and family and give them the diagnosis that you think they deserve!
- There are a variety of different features that the Swine Flu Scanner iPhone app offers including a body temperature analyzer as well as a DNA mutating function
- After each diagnosis you can talk to Dr Ham Funk to get some consultations on your next course of action
- You can rig all of the results by using the secret buttons at the bottom of the screen. Is a great way to prank your friends
- The levels of infection range from mild to extreme, depending on what you pick
- The graphics are fun and simple and add to the overall theme of the game
- The pigs that are included in the app are pretty cute little guys
- The sound effects go along great with the game and will wake you up with the siren sounds
- One of the experimental treatments involves an electroshock treatment that will have you phone vibrating to complete it
While there is not much to this app it still is a fun way to prank your friends and family. Kind of a funny spin on the whole swine flu outbreak that didn’t turn out to be near as bad as was predicted. The experimental cure section is probably the best part of the whole app. Just a fun way to poke light at a recent global situation.
Voted 3 stars by iPhone app users and can currently be downloaded for $0.99.
The Virtual Families iPhone app is a little family simulation that lets you pick your own little players and help them succeed in life. You can pick out of thousands of little virtual people and help them to choose a profitable career where they can start saving up for bigger expenses. Help your character to provide for themselves as far as necessities and luxuries go and then help them find a suitable partner. Once you have chosen a person to marry then you can help them raise a family and start enjoying the happiness that comes from having little kids. You can follow them out to family outings as well as help them to take care of their home and make it better. This game is fun because among all the good things you are trying to do with the family, you will still have to deal with life as it throws you curve balls. You will have to fix house problems, injuries, natural disasters, and a variety of different mini puzzles that the game offers to keep it fresh and interesting. The popular mac and PC game has finally made it to the mobile market and you will find yourself playing for hours on end in order to help this family overcome the struggles of life and live peacefully and happily.
One of the great things about this app is that it will continue to run in real time even when your phone is asleep. That way you can constantly check up on them and see their progress no matter where you are what time of the day it is.
- This game is all in real-time, so you can follow it throughout the day
- The people that you decide to follow can all be trained a certain way so that they can become the people you want them to. Scold them when they do something wrong and praise them for the good things
- You can decide who your people marry. That means you can marry because you want more money, or because you want them to fall in love
- There are a variety of injuries and illnesses that will hit your little family so you will have to be the resident doctor in order to help them out
- You will get to raise children and send them off to school as they get older
- Make changes to the house and improve it to increase its overall value
- There are a variety of different puzzles that you can find and solve around the house
- Life will give you unpredictable events that you will have to deal with every so often
- There are over 100 different trophies that you can get as you progress through the game
Voted 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $1.99 to download
Have you ever wished that you lived in a fantasy world with elves, orcs, and other goblin creatures? The truth is that they don’t exist, except for in quality made games such as the Warlords: Call to Arms iPhones app. In the Warlords game you will be able to pick your race (elves, orcs, humans, or trolls) and lead them into battle! This is a flash game that has become extremely popular and is very addicting. You will get to lead your fantasy warriors into combat and use strategies and weapons in order to defeat your enemies. You will have to be smart about you flanking and character usage in order to over take the enemy and force them to surrender.
- There are over 8 different races that you can choose from when playing this fantasy app. The main four that you can pick are the elves, the orcs, the trolls, and the humans. Each has different abilities and different combat units. Try them all and then decide which one fits your style of play the best, or master all eight of them
- Once you have chose a race you will then get to pick what kinds of units you would like to have fighting for you. you can use between 19 different combat units including archers, mages, swordsman, and even the dominant Giant Troll. This game offers a lot of variety and strategy because of the amounts of units you can play with
- There are 28 different countries that you can overrun and conquer. Once you have beat them all you will have mastered the campaign map
- The sound effects in the game really help bring it to life. You will hear swords clash against each other, arrows whiz through the air, and horses neigh as they are charging into battle
- There are some very fluid animations during the battle scenes and you will love watching your huge armies take each other down out on the combat area
- This app supports Open Feint integration so that you can get a variety of different awards and achievements
- You can also visit shops inbetween battles in order to upgrade your units and get them weapons and armor that are more powerful. You can also get new units at these shops to help your army become more effective
Voted 4 1/2 stars by iPhone users and currently costs only $1.99 to download for mobile use
This fun little tool app allows you to track your steps and foot calibration as you walk around doing your daily business. The Go Pedometer iPhone app uses some incredible technology called “SmartStep” to be able to monitor your steps and give you some immediate results. This app has been tested by the developers for months and has been experimented with in all kinds of weather and conditions. Through it all it has proven to be a very effective pedometer and is a great walking companion.
All you really have to do is turn on the app, start the pedometer, and then go on your walk. Once you are done you can see how far you went, how many calories you burned, the total walking time as well as your current step calibration. Remember to keep the app on the entire time that you are walking or you will have inaccurate information.
- The easiest way to use this app is to just turn it on and the place it in your pocket before you begin your walk. Obviously, other accessories can and do work including the belt hookup, or the one that fits around your upper arm
- Includes the SmartStep technology that allows it to manage your steps in all types of conditions
- There is a time located on the app that will actually stop when you stop taking steps. It is also good about knowing when to continue once you have resumed walking
- The app also measures the entire distance that you walked (usually in feet, but you can change the units)
- Measurement units are supported by English and Metric units
- You can see exactly how many calories you burned on your walk so you can feel confident that you are improving your body
- Your screen will turn off once you have placed the phone on your belt or in your pocket. This is so that it preserves battery life but is still able to run while you are on your walk
- A great app for any jogger, hiker, or avid runner
- There is a screen lock that you can toggle on and off
- The technology makes it so the pedometer only starts once you place it in your pocket
- The only info you have to input is your weight, height and step calibration in order for you to get started
Voted 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $0.99 to download.